Academic Open Prep. Programs: English Immersion / Explore Ottawa and Gatineau Week 2: July 8-12, 2019
Ages: 13 to 17
Date: July 8-12, 2019
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
This exciting program is offered using two options: day or boarding.
The course aims at helping youth aged 13-17 learn English in an authentic environment, with a combination of classwork and field trips to encourage students to speak English in a comfortable and engaging program, while connecting with the Ottawa community. This program is ideal for students who wish to study in an English-only environment and who need to develop fluency quickly.
Students receive daily morning instruction in grammar, writing and listening, and spend the afternoon exploring Ottawa and its surrounding areas with a stimulating adventure-language-based program. Some flexibility will be required to account for weather conditions. Equipment required: sturdy walking shoes, a day pack, water bottle, and rain gear
Examples of Explore Ottawa and Gatineauactivities might include:
- Biking* - Rideau Canal, Hogs Back & Victoria Island, Parc Jacques Cartier
- Clip & Climb / Rock Climbing
- Lafleche Park - high ropes, team building
- Mont Cascade Water Park
- The Amazing Race Ottawa - explore the city core
- Ottawa Rafting
- Hiking - Lac Philippe to Luskville Caves
- Visiting any number of: the Canadian Museums of Nature; History; Science and Technology; and Aviation and Space; Parliament Hill; and MacSkimming Outdoor Education Centre
- *Bicycles and bicycle helmets can be rented.
- Activities are spread out across two weeks of programming.
- Buffet lunch is included.
- Boarding is available. Six nights stay per week.
- Check In after 4 pm on Sunday evening, check out Saturday before 10 am
- Weekend boarding programming for two weeks stay, including a day trip to Montreal