ESL/Experience Ottawa Summer Program: July 10-21, 2017
Date: July 10-21, 2017
Time: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Boarders may arrive any time after 4:30 pm on July 9, 2017.
This exciting program helps youth aged 13-17 learn English in an authentic environment. A combination of classwork and field trips encourages students to speak English and engage with the Ottawa community. This program is ideal for students who with to study in an English only environment and need to develop fluency quickly. Students receive 3 hours of classroom instruction in grammar, writing and listening and spend afternoons exploring Ottawa. Afternoons are activity based and will be run mainly in the outdoors, from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm each day. Some flexibility will be required to account for weather conditions.
Equipment required: sturdy walking shoes, day pack, water bottle, *bike with bell, bike helmet, rain gear, flashlight and nerves of steel (for the parents).
- Biking (2 afternoons) - Rideau Canal, Hogs Back & Victoria Island, Parc Jacques Cartier & Lac Leamy
- Museum of Nature (1 afternoon)
- Clip & Climb/Rock Climbing (1 afternoon)
- Lafleche Park (2 afternoons) - caves, high ropes, team building
- Mont Cascade Water Park (1 afternoon)
- The Amazing Race Ottawa (1 afternoon) - explore the city core
- Ottawa Rafting (1 afternoon)
- Hike (1 afternoon) - Lac Philippe to Luskville Caves
*Bicycles can be rented.
**Activities spread out across two weeks of programming. Weekend programming for Boarders only.
***Lunch is included.