Experience Ottawa/Gatineau: June 26-July 7, 2017
Date: June 26-July 7, 2017 *Excluding July 3, 2017
Time: 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm *Note: some afternoons pick-up will be between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
Join us for 9 afternoon sessions of exploring Ottawa and the Gatineau regions via hiking, biking, caving, and rafting.
In this program the children (entering grades 7,8,9) will experience the Ottawa Region with Mr. King, Mr. Storosko and two student LITs (Leaders in Training). This camp is very activity based and will be run mainly in the outdoors, from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm each day. Some flexibility will be required to account for weather conditions. Equipment required: sturdy walking shoes, day pack, water bottle, bike with bell & lock, bike helmet, rain gear, flashlight/headlight, bathing suit, water shoes, towel, sun block/insect repellant, hat, long pants, long sleeve shirt & socks (for hiking), clean indoor shoes and nerves of steel (for the parents).
- Biking (2 afternoons) - Hogs Back/Mooney's Bay & Petrie Island: Geocaching
- Museum (1 afternoon) - rain date
- Lafleche Park (2 afternoons) - caves, high ropes, team building
- Lusk Caves (1 afternoon) - hike, natural cave exploration
- Rafting (1 afternoon) - Ottawa City Rafting
- The Amazing Race Ottawa (1 afternoon) - explore the city core
- Mont Cascade (1 afternoon) - Water Park
- Clip & Climb (1 afternoon)