Experience Ottawa/Gatineau Part 2: July 3-6, 2018
Date: July 3-6, 2018
Time: 8:30 pm to 4:30 pm *Note: some afternoons pick-up will be between 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm.
Join us for a week-long of exploring Ottawa and the Gatineau regions via hiking, biking, caving, and rafting.
In this program the children (entering grades 7, 8, or 9) will experience the Ottawa Region with Mr. King and two student LITs (Leaders in Training). This camp is very activity-based and will be run mainly in the outdoors, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm each day. Some flexibility will be required to account for weather conditions. Equipment required: sturdy walking shoes, day pack, water bottle, bike with bell & lock, bike helmet, rain gear, flashlight/headlight, bathing suit, water shoes, towel, sun block/insect repellant, hat, long pants, long sleeve shirt & socks (for hiking), clean indoor shoes and nerves of steel (for the parents).
Example of activities:
- Biking (2 afternoons) - Hogs Back/Mooney's Bay & Petrie Island: Geocaching
- Museum (1 afternoon) - rain date
- Lafleche Park (2 afternoons) - caves, high ropes, team building
- Lusk Caves (1 afternoon) - hike, natural cave exploration
- Rafting (1 afternoon) - Ottawa City Rafting
- The Amazing Race Ottawa (1 afternoon) - explore the city core
- Mont Cascade (1 afternoon) - Water Park
- Clip & Climb (1 afternoon)