Gr 06 to 08 Universe of Words Workshop - June 2021
Ages: 11 to 14 (Entering Grades 06, 07, and 08 in September 2021)
Date: June 21 to June 25, 2021
Time: 9:00am to 11:00am EST.
Q&A Office Time: 11:00am to 11:30am EST.
Ashbury College will be offering this workshop in a synchronous (virtual) format using MS Teams for audio and video conferencing.
Do you enjoy writing?
In the Universe of Words Workshop, you will discover and develop your voice through a variety of writing exercises and activities that are exhilarating, authentic, hopeful, and entertaining. Each day, we’ll explore new forms of writing: nonfiction, fiction, fanfic, letters, and rants (and possibly more). We’ll workshop our ideas and thoughts with the goal of putting them into words in new and fascinating ways. If you are looking for feedback from a small group of like-minded young writers, if you are seeking opportunities to express yourself freely, and if you simply love making stuff up, this is your chance!
This workshop will provide you with opportunities to:
- Write….a lot.
- Explore your writing voice.
- Discover other friends who share your love of writing.
- Detect new horizons in writing that you can access anytime.
- Unearth your own creative courage.
- Contribute to our Universe of Words blog (completely optional)
This workshop will not provide:
- Harsh criticism
- A sharp focus on grammar or spelling skills
- A narrow range of “writing rules” or topics. We’ll craft a creative space open to the Universe of Words, ideas, and thought.